Johnson Social Media Requests
MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP
Johnson organizes its use and management of social properties into three categories.
- Core: Official properties developed and managed by the Johnson marketing and communications team and its partners
- Sanctioned: Proposed and approved by the Johnson marketing and communications team, sanctioned properties are deemed “official” and developed and managed by Johnson centers, institutions, and stakeholders with the support of Johnson marketing and communications teams
- User-generated: Unofficial properties developed by Johnson stakeholders that have not been proposed to or approved by the Johnson. Johnson marketing and communication teams recognize that these properties exist but do not provide support or endorsement unless requested, proposed, and approved by the marketing and communications team
REQUESTING THE CREATION OF SOCIAL PROPERTIES
Johnson leverages social technologies strategically with a rule of thumb that social activities add value to the institution and its stakeholders efficiently, effectively, and with purpose.Johnson strongly encourages its stakeholders to propose the use of social technologies to the marketing and communications team prior to use and creation. Formally making a request and seeking approval helps to ensure that the use of social technology and media is strategic, high quality, and consistent with institute values and goals.
If seeking and proposing the use of social technologies, please contact the marketing and communications team with a complete proposal that answers and demonstrates the following.
Even with the submittal, Johnson marketing and communications does not promise that all proposals will be approved upon review, but will strive to incorporate key opportunities and content among its core social media properties. Johnson marketing and communications team reserves the right to request that social engagement and activity cease should any of the social media core values not be upheld.
Social Media Proposal Outline
Objective and Goals:What is the purpose or desired outcome of creating this social property or technology?
- Who are you trying to reach with your social activity?
- What are the goals you hope to achieve with this social activity within the first year of its development?
- What are the long-term goals?
- What is your success metric?
- How do you plan on reaching your goals?Who will manage the creation and distribution of content? (Please include the name, position, and contact information)
- Who will manage implementation, maintenance, and response? (Please include the name, position, and contact information)
- How often do you plan on engaging in this social media activity?
- Will there be any costs associated with this social activity?
- What value does this social involvement bring to the Johnson?
- What value does this social involvement bring to our stakeholders?