The Division of Financial Affairs is pleased to announce that travelers will now be able to use ATM machines to obtain cash for business travel and will also be able to obtain Traveler's Checks at the bank located in the Cornell Store.
Effective January 1, 2004, Cornell will no longer provide corporate credit card advances or Traveler's Checks at the Cashier's Window in Day Hall.
To Obtain a Cash Advance
Your corporate Diner's Club card may be used for cash advances from an ATM machine. (A corporate American Express card cannot be used for this purpose. American Express cardholders may request a Diner's Club card for use in ATM machines.)
- You will need a PIN number for use in ATM machines.
- To obtain a PIN number, call Diner's Club at 800-234-6377.
- Cornell will reimburse you for reasonable ATM fees related to Cornell business travel.
To Obtain Traveler's Checks
If you need Traveler's Checks, go directly to a bank. For a Cash Advance to pay for the checks, submit a Cash Advance Request Form to Financial Services.
- The Tompkins Trust Company maintains a bank at The Cornell Store and will issue Traveler's Checks to non-bank customers. You can make the purchase with cash, Visa or MasterCard. The Trust Company will not accept another bank's check, a Diner's Club card or an American Express card.
- Cornell will reimburse you for fees for Traveler's Checks related to Cornell business travel.
Please visit http://www.payments.cornell.edu/Travel_Forms.cfm for the new Advance Request Form.
If you have specific questions not addressed here, please contact email@example.com.