Many class agents find popular social media platforms effective for helping classmates stay connected. We encourage all class agents and correspondents to set up class groups on LinkedIn, Facebook, or on other relevant sites.
To create a group:
1. Click Groups at the top of your home page and then click Create a Group.
2. Fill out the Create a Group page. Fields with an asterisk are required.
3. Click Create an Open Group or Create a Members-Only Group. The main difference is who can see the discussions. Members-only group discussions can only be seen by other group members. Open group discussions can be seen by anyone on the web and can be shared on other social networking platforms.
4. If you're a group manager, you can invite others from the Send Invitations page within the group.
5. If you are not a group manager there are two features that can be used to inform others about your group or subgroup: "Forward this group" and "Invite others". (These options are not available for Invite-Only subgroups where Invitations can only be sent by a manager or owner.)
For more information visit the Help Center on LinkedIn.
1. You can create a group by clicking "Create Group" in the left hand column of the home page. If you have existing groups, you may need to click "More" before you see this link. A pop-up box will appear, where you will be able to add a group name, add members and select the privacy setting for your group. Click "Create Group" when you are finished. You can also create a group here.
2. Once the group is created, you will be taken to the group's page. You can click "Edit Group" at the top right of the page to add a group description, set a group email address, add a group picture and manage members.
3. To add members to your group, go to the group and click "Add Friends to Group" in the right column. From there, you will be able to type your friends' names to add them to the group.
4. For all types of groups (open, closed and secret), group members can add their friends. Other people can request to join an open or closed group and be confirmed by a group admin.
For more information visit the Help Center on Facebook.