All gifts, cash, appreciated securities, real estate, etc. made during the fiscal year of reunion and designated to the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University count toward a class campaign.
- All corporate matching gifts are counted as part of the gift commitment and count toward the class campaign. However, a gift from a publicly owned corporation influenced by a class member cannot be included in the class campaign.
- Gifts from an alumnus’ personal or family foundation are counted as the alumnus’ gift and count toward the class campaign. However, a gift from a major private foundation influenced by a direct personal relationship with a class member cannot be included in the class campaign.
- Outright gifts or commitments of real estate, closely held stock, or gifts-in-kind will be credited to the class campaign if their value is determined by a valid appraisal. Gifts of real estate with retained life use will be credited at the appraised value to the class campaign at the time of the gift.
- Gifts to establish Pooled Life Income Funds, Charitable Remainder Trusts, or Charitable Gift Annuities will be counted for their full face value when the life income agreement is funded.
- For specific situations or policies regarding bequests, life insurance, or other planned gift vehicles, please contact the Johnson Annual Fund staff.